Backup Our Materials
The Apple-Leather is produced by re-working leftovers from harvested apples – meaning apple seeds, cores and peel, creating durable leather like materials that are perfect for shoes and handbags.
Apple-Leather production is ecological and not toxic to the environment.
The main advantages of apple leather are its exceptional strength and naturally UV resistant. It is also highly breathable, hypoallergenic.
This material is 100% biodegradable.
Apple-Leather is one of the latest innovations in the world of vegan fashion.
Unlike PVC fabrics, Freedom-Leather does not use chlorine in any of the production process, and the fabrics do not leak VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compounds) throughout their life.
There's no need to clog up landfills, Freedom-leather is recyclable. Surpassing environmental standards, so you can breathe comfortably knowing that you are using a fabric that's safe for you, and the environment in addition of being 100% cruelty-free.
- Freedom-Leather is compliant with RoHS, REACH, California Prop 65, & CAL01350.
- Qualifies for international and domestic environmental programs: LEED v4, Green Globes, BREEAM, BREEAM International, Living Building Challenge, CHPS, UP EPA Federal Purchasing.
- Healthier Hospitals Initiative: does not contain anti-microbrials, formaldehyde, PFCs, PVC, or flame retardants.
- Freedom-Leather is PVC and PU free.
- There is no use of plasticizers, phthalates, heavy metals (including mercury), or Bisphenol A (BPA).
- There is no use of solvents throughout production, which guarantees ultra-low VOC emissions.
- Freedom-Leather is produced from start, raw materials, to finished fabrics in one ISO 9001 compliant facility. The same silicone material can be used to produce baby bottle nipples, a testament to its safety and non-toxicity.
Half the challenge is to find the right fabrics that are made responsibly with the future in mind, the other half is to make sure they look great and PERFORM well.
Freedom-Leather brings exceptional performance that is not seen in other vegan leathers.
At the end of the day you are investing on a luxurious item, it’s our mission to provide you with pieces that will withstand the test of time.
- Highly Durable & Abrasion Resistant, our fabrics have passed 100,000+ Wyzenbeek double rubs, over 130,000 Martindale rubs, and 3000+ Taber rub tests.
- Stain Resistant, easy clean for wine, coffee, denim dye, lipstick, ink and much more.
- Extreme Temperature Endurance with no cracking, resistant from -40°C (-40 Fahrenheit) to 70°C (158 Fahrenheit)
- High Humidity and Humidity Aging Resistance passed “Jungle experiment”, 70 days in 95% humidity and 70°C (158 Fahrenheit).
- Resistance to Salt Water (salt spray test): Acid, 1000 hours test with no change
- Resistance to Light Aging: UV Stability light resistance
- Environmentally Friendly
The pineapple leaves are stripped into fine fibres through a process called decortication. These fibres are converted into a 'mesh' like material and are then put through an extensive manufacturing process. And just like that - Piñatex is made.
As pineapple leaves are a waste product of an existing worldwide industry, no additional land, water, fertilisers or pesticides are needed; as such, the production of the leaves has virtually no environmental impact.
In fact, the production of Piñatex has quite the positive environmental impact as 'biomass' is produced in the decortication process. This 'bio-mass' can then be converted into organic fertiliser or biogas and sold. Therefore, both the extraction of the fibres and the production of biomass can provide additional revenue streams to pineapple farming communities. This material really does just keep on giving.
Piñatex offers a viable sustainable alternative to leather, as it is strong, durable, flexible, light and breathable, not to mention the added benefits of animal and human welfare.
View our Piñatex range via our Ahimsa Collective collection.
Ultra-microfiber is a high-tech, luxurious, non-toxic vegan leather. It's 50% lighter than genuine leather and 5 times more durable. Created with state-of-art technology, ultra-microfiber mimics leather’s exact texture that gives it an unparalleled durability. You can find microfiber being used on products where durability is a must, including airplanes, automotive interior, furniture and sports gear.
- Real leather feel
- Outstanding durability and ageing resistance
- Breathability, water and dust repellency
- Easy to care for and maintain
Ahimsa Collective's Washable Paper is produced in Europe.
The manufacturer that Ahimsa Collective choose to work with is OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Certified, which is a symbol of the guarantee of textiles tested for harmful substances.
This guarantee is published by an independent research institute OEKO-TEX® holding professional laboratories around the world, which carry out detailed studies of textiles. All OEKO-TEX® institutes are the same throughout the world and uphold the same level of high-quality expectations.
Ahimsa Collective's washable paper is FSC Certified (Forest Stewardship Council). The scope of this certification covers the first stage of the production chain which is the extraction of the raw material.
The main criteria and the reason Ahimsa Collective choose to work with their partner is that the FSC includes aspects such as:
- Protection against illegal use and construction in forest areas
- Ensuring the right to use the forest resources of indigenous peoples and local communities
- Protecting the wellbeing and safety of forest workers
- The protection of rare and endangered animals and their habitat
- Limitation of the use of chemical plant protection products (especially pesticides), fertilisers and biological control
- Strict monitoring and monitoring of the use of alien species
- Maintenance or improvement of the condition of forests of high conservation value
- A ban on new plantations at the expense of natural forests and semi-natural
Washable Paper Care
Ensure you avoid all oils, perfumes or chemicals from coming into contact with your washable paper products.
If they do need a pamper and refresh, handwash only. These products are not machine washable.