Freedom-Leather is made of 100% Silicone, a unique, non-plastic, non-petroleum based material admired for its sustainability qualities – in its raw form it is one of the most common elements found in nature, quartz sand. Not only is it less intrusive on the environment, but the production of it is less taxing on natural resources. It requires less water, raw material, and electricity to produce compared to PU and PVC. With its non-solvent production technique and with the lack of PVC or PU elements, it is much safer and healthier than traditional fabrics.
Unlike PVC fabrics, Freedom-Leather does not use chlorine in any of the production process, and the fabrics do not leak VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compounds) throughout their life.
There's no need to clog up landfills, Freedom-leather is recyclable. Surpassing environmental standards, so you can breathe comfortably knowing that you are using a fabric that's safe for you, and the environment in addition of being 100% cruelty-free.
- Freedom-Leather is compliant with RoHS, REACH, California Prop 65, & CAL01350.
- Qualifies for international and domestic environmental programs: LEED v4, Green Globes, BREEAM, BREEAM International, Living Building Challenge, CHPS, UP EPA Federal Purchasing.
- Healthier Hospitals Initiative: does not contain anti-microbrials, formaldehyde, PFCs, PVC, or flame retardants.
- Freedom-Leather is PVC and PU free.
- There is no use of plasticizers, phthalates, heavy metals (including mercury), or Bisphenol A (BPA).
- There is no use of solvents throughout production, which guarantees ultra-low VOC emissions.
- Freedom-Leather is produced from start, raw materials, to finished fabrics in one ISO 9001 compliant facility. The same silicone material can be used to produce baby bottle nipples, a testament to its safety and non-toxicity.
Half the challenge is to find the right fabrics that are made responsibly with the future in mind, the other half is to make sure they look great and PERFORM well.
Freedom-Leather brings exceptional performance that is not seen in other vegan leathers.
At the end of the day you are investing on a luxurious item, it’s our mission to provide you with pieces that will withstand the test of time.
- Highly Durable & Abrasion Resistant, our fabrics have passed 100,000+ Wyzenbeek double rubs, over 130,000 Martindale rubs, and 3000+ Taber rub tests.
- Stain Resistant, easy clean for wine, coffee, denim dye, lipstick, ink and much more.
- Extreme Temperature Endurance with no cracking, resistant from -40°C (-40 Fahrenheit) to 70°C (158 Fahrenheit)
- High Humidity and Humidity Aging Resistance passed “Jungle experiment”, 70 days in 95% humidity and 70°C (158 Fahrenheit).
- Resistance to Salt Water (salt spray test): Acid, 1000 hours test with no change
- Resistance to Light Aging: UV Stability light resistance
- Environmentally Friendly