The Apple-Leather is produced by re-working leftovers from harvested apples – meaning apple seeds, cores and peel, creating durable leather like materials that are perfect for shoes and handbags.
Apple-Leather production is ecological and not toxic to the environment.
The main advantages of apple leather are its exceptional strength and naturally UV resistant. It is also highly breathable, hypoallergenic.
This material is 100% biodegradable.
Apple-Leather is one of the latest innovations in the world of vegan fashion.
Innovative fabric Corn-Leather is totally new to the fashion industry. It’s made in Italy from corn pulp. Alexandra K is one of the first in the world to use this amazing fabric.
Fabric that Alexandra K use in their collection is 47% or 82% corn pulp. The material is vegan and ecological. It’s also strong, extremely durable and biodegradable. It feels like soft natural skin, but it's better because it’s 100% animal friendly.
The PU fabric used by Alexandra K, is a unique combination of technology and quality. Alexandra K only use Italian and Spanish fabrics from ecological production. Such a production does not use toxic substances, uses little water and energy.
All snake or crocodile fabrics used by Alexandra K are free of toxic PVC.
Unlike PVC fabrics, Freedom-Leather does not use chlorine in any of the production process, and the fabrics do not leak VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compounds) throughout their life.
There's no need to clog up landfills, Freedom-leather is recyclable. Surpassing environmental standards, so you can breathe comfortably knowing that you are using a fabric that's safe for you, and the environment in addition of being 100% cruelty-free.
- Freedom-Leather is compliant with RoHS, REACH, California Prop 65, & CAL01350.
- Qualifies for international and domestic environmental programs: LEED v4, Green Globes, BREEAM, BREEAM International, Living Building Challenge, CHPS, UP EPA Federal Purchasing.
- Healthier Hospitals Initiative: does not contain anti-microbrials, formaldehyde, PFCs, PVC, or flame retardants.
- Freedom-Leather is PVC and PU free.
- There is no use of plasticizers, phthalates, heavy metals (including mercury), or Bisphenol A (BPA).
- There is no use of solvents throughout production, which guarantees ultra-low VOC emissions.
- Freedom-Leather is produced from start, raw materials, to finished fabrics in one ISO 9001 compliant facility. The same silicone material can be used to produce baby bottle nipples, a testament to its safety and non-toxicity.
Half the challenge is to find the right fabrics that are made responsibly with the future in mind, the other half is to make sure they look great and PERFORM well.
Freedom-Leather brings exceptional performance that is not seen in other vegan leathers.
At the end of the day you are investing on a luxurious item, it’s our mission to provide you with pieces that will withstand the test of time.
- Highly Durable & Abrasion Resistant, our fabrics have passed 100,000+ Wyzenbeek double rubs, over 130,000 Martindale rubs, and 3000+ Taber rub tests.
- Stain Resistant, easy clean for wine, coffee, denim dye, lipstick, ink and much more.
- Extreme Temperature Endurance with no cracking, resistant from -40°C (-40 Fahrenheit) to 70°C (158 Fahrenheit)
- High Humidity and Humidity Aging Resistance passed “Jungle experiment”, 70 days in 95% humidity and 70°C (158 Fahrenheit).
- Resistance to Salt Water (salt spray test): Acid, 1000 hours test with no change
- Resistance to Light Aging: UV Stability light resistance
- Environmentally Friendly
Ultra-microfiber is a high-tech, luxurious, non-toxic vegan leather. It's 50% lighter than genuine leather and 5 times more durable. Created with state-of-art technology, ultra-microfiber mimics leather’s exact texture that gives it an unparalleled durability. You can find microfiber being used on products where durability is a must, including airplanes, automotive interior, furniture and sports gear.
- Real leather feel
- Outstanding durability and ageing resistance
- Breathability, water and dust repellency
- Easy to care for and maintain